Sunday, 6 May 2012

Photographs

Here are some photographs that I edited using Photoshop:
The above photograph is the first photograph that I edited on Photoshop.  It is a blend between a building site and a cobbled pavement.  I like that it blends nature with man-made and this actually relates to the work of Nial McLaughlin (The Shack) and Renzo Piano (Tjibou Cultural Centre); both of these buildings blend nature and man-made elements. 


This is a photograph that I took of a tree from a worm's eye view.  I think that structures look much better from a worm's eye view because you get a different perspective of it and the size is often exaggerated. 
I then rotated a copy of it, layered it on top and altered the transparency.  I ended up with these:

I then applied a 'glow edges' theme to it.  The effect reminds me of what the world map looks like at night:


To me, the common theme with all of these photographs is the combination of the natural and the man-made.  The tree photograph is an example of this combination because you can tell that it is a tree in the layered photos.  However, the 'glow edges' effect, by making it look illuminated, creates (to me) an idea of  the global village - the urban element.  Just like in the world map, there are sparse, dense, dark and light areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment